Years Exp.: >20
Born date: 23/11/1970
Home site: http://www.samersoff.net
ASPICE Provisioning Assessor (VDA license, 2019)
Liberica JDK consultant (openjdk reviewer)
Summary of work experience
I have good experience in leading local and distributed teams of software professionals as well as strong people management, project planning and communication skills. As well as good understanding of processes, quality goals and approaches.
I have over twenty years of experience as a quality manager, project manager, team leader, software developer, software engineer in a variety of industries including Automotive, Telecommunications, and Bank Card processing.
I have profound knowledge of C/C++, TCP/IP, UNIX and Internet; good knowledge of x86, AArch64, SPARC architectures; strong experience in performance optimization and low-level debugging.
- People management: on-boarding, motivation, and development; team leadership and goal attainment
- Risk management
- Process definition and assessment; process optimization, policy improvement, audit preparation.
- Project planning and schedule management
- Stakeholder and communication management; technical and customer-oriented presentation.
- Automotive technology (ASPICE, K-GAS, ISO 26262, ISO/SAE 21434).
- Program testing and source management; performance testing.
- Programming and scripting under variety of UNIX (Solaris, FreeBSD, Linux and other) for x86/x64, AArch64 and SPARC architecture. (C/C++, Python, Assembler of x86/AArch64/SPARC).
- UNIX system administration and network configuration.
* Bell Soft. St. Petersburg, Russia (12/05/2022 to present)
Manage the team of talented people working to improve JVM performance. Participate in the JVM performance RnD as a technical expert.
* Luxoft Automotive. St. Petersburg, Russia, (01/06/2017 to 11/05/2022)
Senior Quality Manager
Achievements: Appreciation letter 2021, Company News 2020
Define quality strategy for the project contracted by one of world largest OEM.
Regularly monitor quality metrics of projects, assist and coordinate project quality engineers.
Communicate with the customer quality team.
Report quality status to a different level of Luxoft and Customer management.
Prepare the project team to the external audits, conduct ASPICE audits in different projects.
Participate in pre-sale activities and contract scope definition.
Define and establish core development processes (task flow, change flow, CI, tired testing etc)
Setup different levels of reporting, drive stakeholder communication.
Prepare and drive presentations for the customer.
Perform people management tasks (hiring, monitoring and motivating team members).
Write ASPICE documents, prepare the team to ASPICE compliance audits.
Lead Developer, Lead of SIL group
Perform performance optimization of a simulation framework (SSE, NEON).
Lead Development ADTF plugin for data processing and simulation.
* Oracle Inc. St. Petersburg, Russia, (01/01/2011 to 31/05/2017)
Principal Software developer (IC-4). Java VM development
Develop JVM runtime and serviceability features. Work on VM postmortem analysis and platform depended issues.
Have openjdk reviewer credentials.
* Kins Ltd (2011 - 2012)
Project manager (contracted)
Drive digital copying studio to production under tight deadlines and high customer pressure.
Manage development of cinema.mosfilm.ru portal and official web site of White Tiger movie.
* Sun Microsystems Inc. St. Petersburg, Russia, (01/06/2005 to 01/01/2011)
Senior software engineer. Tech lead of Java sustaining group.
Achievements: Appreciation letter 2009
Coordinate efforts of different parties involving in customer case. Solve complex Java VM issues under customer pressure, being responsible for mission critical cases. Assist junior team members in theirs work. Got recognized for customer excellence and outstanding performance.
* Assist Co., St. Petersburg, Russia, (2002 - 2005)
Managing everyday operations of leading Russian Internet Payment Gateway (www.assist.ru), up to thirty direct reports. Strategic planning of company growth, software development planning and management. Communication with VISA/Europay and major Russian banks on technical issues. Driving implementation of modern plastic card processing technology. Hiring and laying off company employees. Designed work and security policies and processes.
* LeviSoft., St. Petersburg, Russia, (2000-2002) - software developer.
* Web Plus Co., St. Petersburg, Russia, (1998 - 2000) - software engineer/system administrator
* Piter publishing Co., St. Petersburg, Russia (1997 - 1998) - webmaster/software developer
* STAR Spb Co. St. Petersburg, Russia (1997) - software engineer
* Health department of St.Petersburg (1995 - 1997) - software engineer
* North-west trade association St. Petersburg, Russia (1994-1995) - software developer
* Rumba JV St. Petersburg, Russia (1993-1994) - system analyst
* AnGy Ltd. (1992-1993) - system analyst
- St. Petersburg State University. Biology faculty, Molecular genetics 1987- 1992
- Luxoft PM Academy (2019)
- Software Architecture Methodology (2018)
- BABOK: Introduction to Business Analysis (2018)
- ISO 26262 (2019)
- SAFe ScrumMaster (2019)
- Automotive SPICE® for Cybersecurity, ISO/SAE 21434 (2022)
- Russian (native)
- English (fluent, C1)
Married, have two sons (2004 and 2011), non-smoking. Have shodan black belt in Hokushin ko-ryu jujitsu.